To learn more about avast! Antivirus, simply go to: http://www.avast.com
To download any of Avast's Software, simply go to: http://www.avast.com/download-software
To take advantage of the special 40% discount on the paid versions that I offered during the presentation, simply go to: http://Coupon_Security_Buy_Links-Bob.html
If you where lucky enough to win the Avast Rescue CD, you can download instructions for it's use from: http://goo.gl/qd1CQ If you didn't win, and are interested in the product, it can also be downloaded from there.
Instructions to successfully install avast! 7:
01. Download to a folder you can find or to your Desktop the product avast!7 Free:
setup_av_free.exe (Do Not Run at this time)
02. Download the REMOVAL TOOL for your current Anti Virus Program by following the Guide offered here:
How do I remove old third-party antivirus software before installing avast!?
Click on this link, find your current Antivirus Program and follow their instructions.
The removal tool for avast! Antivirus (should you ever need it) : http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
03. Once these 2 programs are saved to your computer in a folder that you can locate or,
to the desktop and, you can easily identify these 2 files, DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET
04. Go to the Control Panel > Select add/remove > (Programs and Features in Windows 7)
select your current antivirus program and select uninstall. (Allow it to uninstall all features of the program)
05. Reboot your system.
06. Run the removal tool for your old Anti Virus Program saved in step #2
07. When the tool finishes running, again Reboot your system and Reconnect your Internet connection.
08. Install avast!7 Free by running the program downloaded in step #1
09. Shut down your system -- wait 10 seconds -- Start your computer.
10. Avast!6 Free will now be installed and will update it's virus database.
11. Register your new avast!7 Free product by selecting the Register Now button.
If you need more help, get it from here: http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php
12. Once this is done, you'll be ready to enjoy the new product as much as I already have for many years.
The links to the other 4 programs I mentioned at the end of the presentation can be found at:
Malware Bytes Anti Malware (MBAM) : http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Ccleaner : http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/
WinPatrol : http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html
Click here to access this document online.
If you found this presentation helpful, please let your friends in other clubs know that it's
available totally free of charge and without any strings attached.
See where I've done Presentations lately: (and pictures from his presentation to LCCUG)
Thanks for having me at your meeting. If you're truly ambitious, letting my boss Jana at Avast know what you thought of the presentation would also be nice. ( If you didn't like it, it's still OK to let her know that too. )
You can write her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Bob's avast! Security Seminar in the Subject line. (Attach a CC to me: email@example.com Thanks)
Have a great day,
Bob Norbert (Bob) Gostischa